VIDEO SHOWS: FILE FOOTAGE OF MIDFIELDER, THIAGO ALCANTARA
RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
MUNICH, GERMANY (FILE – APRIL 22, 2020) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS OF BAYERN MUNICH MIDFIELDER, THIAGO ALCANTARA, DRIBBLING BALL AND SHOOTING AGAINST A TRAMPOLINE NET (TWO SHOTS)
MUNICH, GERMANY (FILE – AUGUST 17, 2019) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
2. ALCANTARA GREETING FANS DURING TRAINING SESSION
MUNICH, GERMANY (FILE – JULY 8, 2019) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
3. ALCANTARA JOGGING ALONGSIDE TEAM MATES, THOMAS MUELLER AND JEROME BOATENG
4. ALCANTARA JOGGING THE SQUAD
5. ALCANTARA DOING CALISTHENICS WITH SQUAD
6. ALCANTARA DURING A RONDO, ON FAR RIGHT
7. MORE OF ALCANTARA DURING RONDO
8. WIDE OF BAYERN MUNICH TEAM TRAINING SESSION
STORY: Bayern Munich’s Spain midfielder Thiago Alcantara is set to leave the Bundesliga side in the close season because he wants a new challenge, the club’s CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has said.
The 29-year-old, who joined Bayern in 2013 from Barcelona for 25 million euros ($28.12 million dollar), has since played 230 games and won seven league titles with the German champions.
Thiago’s deal with Bayern ends next season and Rummenigge said they had no choice but to sell the player as they did not want to let him go without receiving a transfer fee.
Bayern manager Hansi Flick had said earlier on Friday (July 3) that he hoped Thiago would stay at the Munich club.
Media reports have linked Thiago with a move to Liverpool.
($1 = 0.8890 euros)
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)