MADRID, SPAIN (FILE – FEBRUARY 25, 2020) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
1. REAL MADRID LEFT BACK MARCELO DURING TRAINING
2. MARCELO IN MIDDLE OF CIRCLE DURING RONDO DRILL
MADRID, SPAIN (FILE – NOVEMBER 25, 2019) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
3. MARCELO PASSING BALL
MADRID, SPAIN (FILE – FEBRUARY 29, 2020) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
4. MARCELO JOGGING WITH TEAMMATES BEFORE KICKING BALL INTO AIR
5. MARCELO CHASING BALL
MADRID, SPAIN (FILE – OCTOBER 18, 2019) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
6. MARCELO IN MIDDLE OF CIRCLE BEFORE START OF RONDO DRILL
MADRID, SPAIN (FILE – MAY 22, 2018) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
7. MARCELO RUNNING BEFORE SCORING A GOAL IN TRAINING
MADRID, SPAIN (FILE – DECEMBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
8. MARCELO DOING KEEPIE UPPIES
9. MARCELO WAVING BEFORE LEAVING PITCH
STORY: Real Madrid defender Marcelo will likely be sidelined for the rest of their Liga title run-in after sustaining a thigh injury.
A statement from Real on Friday (July 10) confirmed the injury to the Brazilian without stating when he would return although Spanish newspaper Marca said he would be out of action for three weeks.
Marcelo, 32, will miss Real’s final four Liga matches — against Alaves on Friday plus Granada, Villarreal and Leganes – but should return in time for their Champions League last-16 second leg at Manchester City on Aug. 7, added the report.
Real, targeting their first Spanish league title since 2017, are one point clear of second-placed Barcelona and can increase their lead to four with a home win over struggling Alaves.